How to remove eyelash extensions at home at your convenience? Well, nobody wants to rush to the salon amidst this current pandemic scenario to just remove eyelash extensions when it can be done at home, right? In this article, we will guide you on how to remove eyelash extensions at home.
How to remove eyelash extensions at home?
Here are some steps to follow to know how to remove eyelash extensions at home.
- Get make-up off your face and wash your face.
- Apply steam to slacken or loosen the lash extensions.
- Next, you need a quick steam session. Fill a bowl in with steaming-high temp water, place your face over it and cover your head with any cloth/towel. Take the steam for about a good 10 to 15 minutes. The purpose of steam treatment is that it will assist with loosening the bonds of the eyelash extension glue.
- Use a cotton ball or cosmetics wipe in coconut/olive oil.
- Delicately wipe your upper and lower lash lines, trying not to get any of the oil in your eyes. This will give the extensions “slip” and help them slide directly off your eye.
- Brush your lashes with your lash wand as you normally would. A large number will fall off, but some will cling on fast. Depending on the scenario, rehash around the evening hour.
Follow the explainer video on how to remove eyelash extensions to get a better idea of removing eyelash extensions at home.
How to remove eyelash extensions at home with coconut oil?
Here are some steps to follow to know how to remove eyelash extensions with coconut oil:
- Apply some oil to a cotton ball and gently rub it over your lashes (being careful not to get any in your eyes!).
- Wipe the lashes until the extensions begin to fall off.
- Rinse your eyes with water once they’ve fallen off to remove any residue.
How to remove eyelash extensions with Vaseline?
Here are some steps to follow to know how to remove eyelash extensions with vaseline:
- Apply a little quantity of vaseline on the glue with a q-tip in a swiping motion to gently dissolve it and move the lashes away from your eye.
- Repeat as necessary to completely dissolve the adhesive.
- Wash your face once more to eliminate any remaining vaseline and moisturize as required.
Eyelash extensions won’t come off? Why?
- Gently dab some warm olive oil on your skin.
- Take antihistamines to treat the allergic response that will leave your eyelids swollen the next day.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to remove eyelash extensions at home safely?
After removing your lash extensions, you’ll want to make sure you take care of your lashes. An application of oil to your natural lashes can be a great way to nourish them post removal. Leave your lashes untouched by the curler for at least a week after.
How to remove eyelash extensions with coconut oil?
Read the above article to know how to remove eyelash extensions with coconut oil.